As Jesus with the disciples of Emmaus, so the Church must become the traveling companion of young people…
- Pope John Paul II
warm welcome to the Youth Ministry pages! Through trust in Divine Providence, we’ve grown and taken root in the parish. It’s our desire to use this website to share our faith with you through tidbits from our different activities and information on young saints. God Bless you and please visit us often on our homepage!
Youth Ministry fosters the personal and spiritual growth of youth in Grades 6 -12 through fun-filled, interactive activities and catechesis, leading them to a deeper relationship with Christ. We are a member parish of the Life Teen movement serving middle school youth in Gr 6-8 at EDGE, high school youth in Gr 9-12 at Life Teen.
The EDGE for grades 6-8
EDGE meets every Friday from 7:30-9:30pm during the school year in the JP2 room.
WHY YOUTH LOVE EDGE
- It’s a fun, safe place to spend time with their Catholic friends.
- They get answers to their unanswered questions about their Catholic faith.
- They experience Jesus Christ in a profound, personal way.
- They feel like they are important to everyone else in the parish.
WHY PARENTS LOVE EDGE
- EDGE gives middle schoolers a chance to build strong Catholic friendships before they enter high school.
- They are given talking points via email after every EDGE night. Now parents can take the EDGE Night further during conversations on the drive home.
- Their children are given Catholic role models on the Core Team who reinforce what is already being taught within the home.
- EDGE understands the physical, psychological, cognitive, relational, and spiritual maturation of middle school youth.
Life Teen for grades 9-12
Life Teen meets on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Sundays from 1:30-3:30pm during the school year in the JP2 room.
The mission of Life Teen ministry is to help teens fall deeply in love with Jesus in the Eucharist. We organize multiple events during the year, such as justice and service projects, retreats, outings, camping trips and bible study. We want to provide teenagers healthy spiritual and recreational activities during their secondary school years that will not only strengthen their bonds with each other, but strengthen their relationship with God as well.
Teens in high school and university are invited to read at 11:15am Sunday Mass on the 1st and 2nd Sundays of each month.
Through this ministry, God’s living Word continues to be proclaimed to His people. Young people who can speak distinctly and address the Assembly in a convincing manner are eligible to be lectors. Training sessions are provided in the fall.
Please contact Youth Ministry Coordinator, Jenny Mary Ng at email@example.com.